Let’s get down to business!
This in-depth course will be
offered in Mancos Colorado this fall. This course is designed to help both new and experienced farmers and ranchers learn key business,
marketing and holistic financial planning skills including:
- Creating a business that WORKS for YOU
- Testing your ideas, exploring possibilities and examining feasibility
- Learning to plan a profit, not just hope for one
- Becoming a master of money management, budgeting and planning
- Understanding what your value is to customers
- How to market your products and services
- Establishing your best pricing, positioning & promotion strategies
- Generating a triple bottom line – human, financial, environmental
- Addressing organizational, legal & risk management needs
- Networking and learning from others like yourself
- Gaining access to valuable resources & people
- Developing a plan to for starting, marketing, growing or exiting your business that incorporates Holistic Management.
Our six-day course is taught in 2-day increments, allowing plenty of time to start applying what you have learned while you’re still enrolled in the course. There will also be time to network with other farmers and ranchers and get feedback on your coursework. Modules include introduction to Holistic Management, Holistic Management Financial Planning and Holistic Business Planning and Marketing.
This course qualifies for FSA Borrower training credit. Find more details here.
Instructor: Cindy Dvergsten, Holistic Management Certified Educator
Location: The class meets at the Mount Lookout Grange Hall in Mancos CO., 680 Grand Ave, Mancos, CO 81328
Class meets 9:00 – 4:30 each day on:
October 27-28, 2017 – Introduction to Holistic Management Whole/Farm Ranch Business Development
November 3-4, 2017 – Holistic Financial Planning
November 10-11, 2017 – Holistic Marketing and Business Planning
Fee: $300 per person for 6 full days of training and materials. Contact us about registration and applying for a scholarship. Deadline for scholarship applications: October 17, 2017
Meals & Lodging
You are requested to bring your lunch for all class days. The meeting room has a kitchenette (fridge and microwave). Lodging is not included. There are several motels in Mancos and many more in Cortez.
Sponsors include Holistic Management International, SW Colorado Small Business Development Center, and RMFU Four Corners Farmer & Rancher Coalition.